We all have busy lives, if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment for any reason, please be sure to provide at least a 48-hours advance notice, that way you will avoid paying the full cost personally for that missed session.
In & Out-of-Network Insurance Plans Accepted
Please inquire for more information. This is based on your individual policy guidelines and should be done in consultation with your insurance provider.
Dr. Gilbert Chalepas is an “in-network” psychologist for BlueShield, Magellan, Cigna, MHN, MHNet, Cal-Optima and Kaiser via Magellan, Blue Cross Medi-Cal only not commercial polices and an “out of network” Beverly Hills psychologist for all the rest. These occasionally change, so please inquire with me to make sure. We will provide you with monthly statements, subsequently you may elect to submit them towards your out-of-network coverage. When contacting your insurance company regarding out-of-network insurance coverage, you may want to ask the following questions to ensure you are provided with the correct information:
Do I have mental health benefits for outpatient psychotherapy services?
Do I also have out-of-network benefits, so I can freely choose my provider?
Are individual, group or family therapy (usually someone under 18) covered?
Is couples therapy covered specifically? (which is very different from family therapy and not covered most of the time.)
Is my diagnosis (a diagnosable and verifiable mental disorder is a requirement in order for the insurer to pay for any therapy, no exceptions) of ___________ (for example: panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, alcohol or substance dependence, etc.) covered by my policy? (if you’re troubled by this requirement, you can pay privately and bypass the risk of your diagnosis becoming part of a major health record database and/or possibly vulnerable to data breaches – Caveat Emptor, Latin for “let the buyer beware”.
- Does my policy have a yearly cap?
- Do I need an authorization or certification prior to receiving any of these services?
- What is my deductible and how much been met so far for this year?
- What is my yearly out-of-pocket maximum and how much has been met?
- How many sessions does my plan cover with a psychologist per calendar year?
- What is the usual and customary rate for therapy services by a psychologist (codes: 90791 & 90834) in my zip code?
- What percentage of the usual and customary rate does my plan cover with an out-of-network psychologist?
Be sure to write down and keep this information for your records: the name and badge number of the agent you spoke with, the date, time and the confirmation number for that call. Please be sure to also write down your questions as well as the agent’s exact responses, just in case you need them later to support your claim.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BlueShield (Not Blue Cross)
- BlueCross (EAP & Medi-Cal Plans ONLY – Commercial Plans Still Out of Network)
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- HMC Healthworks
- Cal Optima via Magellan
- Humana (Only Out-of-Network)
- PacifiCare (Only Out-of-Network)
- Blue Cross Commercial Plans (Only Out-of-Network)
- Private Pay
*To qualify for individual psychotherapy or one of the groups, you must participate in a complimentary phone consultation* to ensure individual or group psychotherapy is a right fit for you. To get started, please click here or call +1 (310) 500 8442 now.
Items to Bring with you and to think about before your appointment
Please bring copies of as many of the following documents as possible. Some may not apply, and that’s fine.
- What you want to work on in therapy, list of major events and time of those events.
- A copy of your insurance card front and back
- A copy of your driver’s license
- Psychological, Neurological, or other relevant Testing Reports.
- List of Current Medications or Prescriptions, and supplements (including dosages)
- Names/Contact Information of current and former therapists and psychiatrists/physicians who prescribed psychotropic medications
- Dates, Places, and Discharge Summaries of any psychiatric hospitalizations