CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ISOLATION
QUICK SELF-CARE TIPS TO BOOST YOUR MOOD, DECREASE ANXIETY & WORRY
Written by Licensed Clinical Psychologist Dr. Gilbert Chalepas.
Reconnect Relationship Psychotherapy in Beverly Hills & Laguna Beach, CA.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Related Anxiety & Worry.
Print this list and keep it handy
Simple self-care tips to make feel better fast
- Jump in the shower and enjoy the soothing warm water on your skin.
- Remember to take your supplements daily and tend to your needs.
- Drink a tall glass of water, quench your thirst and you’ll feel refreshed.
- Clean one thing like a drawer/a small area of your house, you’ll be so proud.
- Tend to something living/growing like a beloved pet, a plant or your garden.
- Feed your body sensibly so it can stay healthy and strong, try to avoid excessive sugar, as too much affects your mood, memory, can also cause inflammation and several chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, obesity, even cancer.
- Be sure to get enough rest every day by going to bed at the same time every night, avoid any kind of caffeine later in the day and be sure turn off all electronics at least an hour before bedtime as bright lights delay melatonin production. Melatonin helps lower your body temperature to prepare you for sleep. Try to keep your bedroom around 68 degrees and be sure to wake up at the same time every day, even weekends, our bodies work much better with predictable routines.
Be mindful of and present to these…
- A sound or song, or put on your favorite music and have yourself a private dance party, why not!
- A sensory feeling, be open to fully experience it as it comes with a welcoming spirit.
- An emotional feeling, don’t ignore it or try to blunt it with drugs, alcohol or food.
- Something you see, be open to the astounding beauty and magnificence all around you.
- A spiritual practice, meditate or practice yoga and be sure to slow down your breathing as it can work wonders for your anxiety.
Daily tasks to help yourself
- Reach out to a human outside your home that you love and trust who needs your comforting words too.
- Do one thing to get your heart rate up for a few minutes each day, whether it’s jogging, walking, bicycle riding or jumping jacks.
- Do one thing you’ll be glad you did later, simply use your imagination and you’ll benefit greatly.
- Do one thing just because you want to, always listen to yourself first, as you are the captain of your ship.
- Get a little sunshine, it will do wonders for you and your mood.
- Get in at least one good laugh per day, as laughter is the best medicine.
- Remind yourself daily that you’re really awesome and so lucky to be on this earth, make sure to you take good care of your most prized possession, you! Because you can never treat yourself like a $5 dog and expect to perform like an Arabian racehorse, remember that…
If you feel that you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out us for additional help and support
- Receiving Coronavirus (COVID-19) related anxiety and worry psychotherapy at Reconnect Relationship™ Therapy, in Beverly Hills & Laguna Beach, CA.
- Reconnect Relationship Psychotherapy’s network includes specialist therapists and psychologists offering Coronavirus (COVID-19) related anxiety and worry psychotherapy and counseling in Beverly Hills and Laguna Beach, CA.
- Call us for a chat to see how we can assist you with Coronavirus (COVID-19) related anxiety and worry or if someone you know who needs some help and support, or complete our Drop Us A Line form to make an appointment.