Stress management is clearly the most productive task you can perform to keep yourself healthy and active. Since, stress is undoubtedly one of the most common mental health issues affecting many people in California and the United States overall. In small amounts, stress can be dealt with and is actually healthy and a necessary part of life. On the other hand, extended or severe stress levels can adversely impact our relationships, job performance, and can be a precursor to panic attacks and even depression.
Usual signs of stress can consist of irritability, difficulty concentrating, impaired sleep, negative thinking, changes in eating patterns, lack of motivation, loss of libido, tendency to isolate, and mood swings. Stress can also be a factor in physical symptoms such as skin disorders, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive problems, headaches, muscle tension, high blood pressure, and other aches and pains.
Stress management through counseling and psychotherapy can be crucial in addressing the root cause of stress and working on ways of managing and effectively reducing it. At Reconnect Relationship Therapy Beverly Hills & Laguna Beach, stress counseling treatment is geared to assist you in figuring out the causes of stress, including those created by your job, family commitments, and relationships, as well as past experiences.
It may be crucial to realize what you are actually doing or avoiding in order to maintain consistently high levels of stress, which is clearly unhealthy for you – for example, some behaviors tend to only exacerbate stress. Counselors specialized in stress management will assist you in developing more effective stress-reduction techniques and help you promote and maintain more psychologically healthier patterns of living.
How can stress management counseling help you?
- It provides you the opportunity to understand and weigh the underlying causes of your stress and anxiety
- It helps take a closer look at your thoughts, feelings, behaviors and especially the way you talk to yourself on a regular basis, which contribute to stress
- You can obtain self-understanding and insight, including identifying your particular stress triggers
- It offers personalized coping strategies to reduce as well as manage stressful situations that invariably come up in our lives
- It bolsters your ability to handle pressures and your responses to them
- You can incorporate techniques and tools that are both effective and have a beneficial overall effect
Call us now or complete our Drop Us A Line form to make an appointment with one of our depression counseling psychologists and psychotherapists in Beverly Hills or Laguna Beach, CA.