Traumatic experiences are often overwhelming, terrifying and difficult to handle. It can be beneficial to talk about and process traumas with a professional therapist or psychologist. If overlooked or covered up, deeper scars can surface later on.
Symptoms of psychological trauma
- Shock, denial, or disbelief
- Confusion, difficulty concentrating
- Anger, irritability, mood swings
- Anxiety and fear
- Guilt, shame, self-blame
- Withdrawing from others
- Feeling sad or hopeless
- Feeling disconnected or numb
What is trauma counseling & psychotherapy?
Counseling and psychotherapy can help to deal with painful traumas such as violent rape, auto accidents, devastating fires, personal injury, personal assault or mugging. Trauma and PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder respond well to CBT or Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy.
At Reconnect Relationship Therapy Beverly Hills & Laguna Beach, CA, trauma counseling is tailored around your specific needs. Trauma counselors can focus on your traumatic symptoms whether they include persistent anxiety, major depression, excessive guilt, frequent sleep disturbances, unsettling flashbacks, or nightmares.
What are the advantages of receiving counseling after a trauma?
- Examines traumatic events in a safe and confidential therapy setting
- Deals with the after-effects of trauma including nightmares and flashbacks
- Reduces accompanying symptoms such as depression and anxiety
- Develops personalized coping strategies to better manage traumatic effects.
Begin feeling better today
Call us now or complete our Drop Us A Line form to make an appointment with one of our depression counseling psychologists and psychotherapists in Beverly Hills or Laguna Beach, CA.